Pork and Processing
Any pork tastes better raised on pasture, but match that with the superior taste of the Large Black Hog and you have a pork that is unequaled, anywhere.
- Produce the best quality, truly all natural pork available.
- Process our pigs when they reach 275 to 325 pounds, depending on how lean you want your pork. This takes about 14-18 months, and worth every day!
- Keep our hog active on our lovely farm to keep the amount of fat low and minimize waste.
- Shoot for an average around 70% of packaged meat from each hog.
We deliver to local processing plants, Janak’s in Hallettesville and Gonzales Processing in Gonzales, or a processor of your own choosing, that will custom process your hog to your specifications.
We tested and inspected several processors and chose the best one, not based on convenience but on quality. Look through Janak’s and Gonzales’ doors… you’ve never seen cleaner facilities, and the job they do is exceptional. Waxed butcher paper, cryovac vacuume packaging, or other wrapping options are available. Again, it’s your choice.
Things the processor will want to know:
- Will want to know if you want fresh hams or cured.
- If so, do you want them sugar cured or smoked?
- Do you want roasts or ground pork?
- Then there are the huge varieties of sausages you may choose.
- What about pork chops or pork loin, bacon, jowls, etc?
- The possibilities are endless.
We do all we can to provide you with a healthy pork that tastes better than anything you have ever eaten.
Quantities are limited, so sign up below and email us today to add your name to the list for one of our heritage Large Black hogs.