Grass Fed, Pastured Beef
Just like our pork, Shiner Beef is exceptional.
- We’ve raised Beefmaster cattle since the early 1970’s.
- We also raise the highly sought after Wagyu cattle, that is, Japanese cattle. Specifically, the lineage that produces the world renowned “Kobe” beef.
- We also raise other breeds of cattle.
- We’ll raise a a breed just for you, just gives let us know in the form below and let us know:
- how long you want to wait,
- how much feed you want the animal to have,
- and how much you want to spend (different breeds have different prices),
- whether or not you want any grain in the diet (keeping an animal over the winter is difficult to do without supplementing their diet with some grain, but it can be arranged),
- When it comes to supplemental rations, just like Shiner Pork, you’ll have two choices: Standard or Organic feed rations.
Grass Fed Beef Health Benefits
- Grass-fed beef is lower in calories and fat,
- Much higher in Omega-3 fatty acids,
- Has a healthy ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 fatty acids,
- Gives you more vitamins, including three to six times more Vitamin E than grain-fed beef and a number of antioxidants,
- A grass-fed steak has about the same amount of fat as a chicken breast, really, and a better Omega-3 profile,
- It has less cholesterol and four times more CLA than chicken.
Who’d have known!